Protect Your Family’s Future
There is no greater gift you can give your family than creating a will. When you work with a Salt Lake City attorney to create this critical legal document, you safeguard your family’s future. Your will lays out precisely what happens in the event of your death and makes managing your estate much easier for your loved ones. To learn more about the process of creating a will from an experienced and compassionate attorney, please fill out our contact form on the right side of the page.
How a Utah Wills and Trusts Attorney Can Help
A will serves as the foundation of your estate planning. It determines the disposition of your property upon your death. Without a will in place, the state takes responsibility for determining how your property is disbursed. Your will appoints your executor to handle all your affairs after your death, and it names a guardian to care for your underage children. Again, without a will in place, the state takes care of these critical tasks.
Your will also can address needs that are important to you as an individual, such as naming a manager to watch over property left to your minor children. It can designate who will take care of your pets and how much money goes to that individual.
Creating a will is vital, but it’s just one estate planning tool. To fully prepare for your loved ones’ future, you need assistance from a reputable and responsible wills and trusts attorney to assist with your comprehensive estate planning. Due to incorrect information that is spread through the media and other sources, revocable living trusts often are touted as a foolproof method to keep assets out of the hands of creditors.
Based on wrong assumptions, some people prepare their own revocable living trusts without the benefit of truly knowledgeable and up-to-date legal advice. Using this faulty information can lead to garnishments of wages, seizure of assets, credit liens on real estate and bank levies. A qualified lawyer can help you:
- Understand the differences between a living trust and a basic revocable living trust
- Establish a living trust to assist with asset protection for you and your loved ones
- Review and understand alternate ways of protecting your assets
- Help ensure that as many of your assets as possible are passed on to your loved ones
- Work with you to ensure that your assets do not go through probate upon your death, avoiding unnecessary expenses and delays for your loved ones
- Assist in setting up an irrevocable living trust in which an individual other than you acts as the trustee to shield assets from creditors
- Help ensure that your financial affairs are properly managed in the event of an emergency
- Work with you to appoint an alternate trustee for managing your affairs if you are unable to do so due to illness, injury or other emergency
- Help you retain control and ownership of your assets even if they are transferred to a trust
- Ensure that you are authorized to sell or give away assets, change the beneficiary of your trust, collect income from your trust, and dissolve or change the structure of your trust
- Guide you in creating a limited liability company
- Properly create and distribute a will
Contact a Salt Lake City Lawyer to Set Up Your Will and Trust
Planning your estate is one of the most important things you’ll do in life. Don’t you owe it to your loved ones to make sure it’s done correctly? By working with the experienced wills and trusts team at Wall & Wall, you ensure that no detail goes untended and that your legal documents are air tight. To contact the compassionate and talented lawyers at Wall & Wall, call (801) 441-2388 or fill out the contact form for a free consultation.
We are an experienced and responsive law firm with significant knowledge of the many complex issues surrounding wills, trusts and other estate planning tools. Contact us today for a no-obligation review of your individual situation by an experienced, professional attorney.