Capable and Compassionate Utah Divorce Lawyers
Salt Lake City Family Law Attorney
Divorce can be an extremely emotional and trying experience for those going through it. At Wall & Wall Attorneys at Law P.C. in Salt Lake City, Utah, our Salt Lake City Utah Divorce Attorneys comprehend the gravity of the situation and strive to make clients feel as comfortable as possible. We understand the intimate details and financial aspects of the process and prioritize sensitivity, compassion, and providing excellent legal counsel. We are a family-owned law firm and provide emotional support to all our clients.
Whether you are seeking a legal separation, paternity claim or a divorce settlement, our Utah Divorce Attorneys will guide you through this emotional process one step at a time. We are equipped to calmly negotiate an amicable settlement or aggressively battle all the way to trial. The father and son attorneys at our law office have more than 190 years of combined legal experience and are ready to counsel clients on issues such as:
Utah Divorce Attorney for High-End Divorces
There are additional factors to consider in marriage dissolutions where there are sizable assets involved. We can help if there are family businesses, boats, vacation homes, or retirement/pension accounts that need to be valued and fairly distributed. At Wall & Wall, P.C., we have extensive experience in handling high-end divorces, both contested and uncontested. And even though mediation is mandatory in Utah divorce cases, it is advisable that we are there by your side to make sure your rights and needs are fully represented.
Our Utah divorce attorneys are familiar with the plight of some fathers when it comes to protecting their rights in a divorce. At times, decisions can be made which do not fully recognize the rights of a father to be a part of his child’s upbringing. The family law lawyers at Wall & Wall, P.C. will work with our clients to make sure they are treated fairly and afforded equal protection of the law.
Divorce Consultation Services
If you would prefer to self-manage your divorce, you can still access our substantial family law expertise. We offer consultations with our award-winning Utah divorce lawyers, who will provide you with helpful tips, highlight common errors to avoid, and give important advice about the legal effects of your decisions. We have your best interests at heart and this sort of consultative service comes at a cost-effective hourly rate.
We Can Make a Difference in Your Divorce Case
If you also need legal representation negotiating child visitation and custody arrangements or need to make modifications to your earlier divorce decree, contact our Utah divorce lawyers today for a free consultation. Our divorce attorneys also have experience in father’s rights cases and will make sure that paternal rights are represented fairly in all divorces. Check out our resources on frequently asked questions about family law too.
Divorce can be stressful. We care about you and your family’s emotional well being. Be sure to read our article about Divorce Stress
Hiring an experienced divorce attorney to represent you in a Utah divorce can be invaluable when negotiating and reaching agreements on the division of assets and other issues. Wall and Wall Attorneys at Law PC. will ensure that your rights are protected and that you have an advocate to represent your best interests before the court.
If you would like to have one of our experienced attorneys represent you please complete the following Divorce/Paternity Questionnaire Word Document.
What to Expect During the Course of Utah Divorce Proceedings
To anticipate what to expect in the State of Utah for a Divorce either contested or uncontested with our office please click on the following link: Divorce Instructions (Word Document)
Divorce Education Mandatory Course Information
You will be required to attend a divorce education course. The specific instructions and calendar for the course are on the following link. Divorce Course Instructions It is important that you read the instructions because a divorce will not be granted in the state of Utah without both parties fulfilling these requirements.
Your Financial Declaration
You will be required to complete a Financial Declaration 3rd District (Excel). We have set this document up for our clients in an excel format to assist you with the totaling of the figures. Please print out this document to submit to our office.
Documents to obtain for your divorce
There are several other documents that you will be required to produce. See the Disclosure Checklist Form (Word Document) to review the documents that you need to gather together and bring to our office.
Utah Visitation Schedule
One of the most frequent questions that our clients have is regarding their NEW Visitation Schedule that they can expect with their children. We compiled the following documents for you of the Utah Statutory Visitation Schedule.
Divorce mediation is an alternative to traditional court proceedings and is becoming increasingly popular in Utah. Divorce mediation is a voluntary process where an impartial mediator helps couples reach an agreement. Through this process, the couple can come to agreement without taking part in a court trial. Mediation is a confidential process and is required by law in Utah for divorcing couples with minor children.
If you are considering divorce mediation in Utah, we recommend reading the following Divorce Mediation Program Handout in Word format
How Do I Know If I Need a Utah Divorce Attorney?
If you are considering divorce in Utah, it is crucial to determine whether or not you need the assistance of a divorce attorney. While it is possible to navigate the divorce process without legal representation, it is often in your best interest to seek the guidance of a professional to ensure a fair and successful resolution.
Here are a few key factors to consider when deciding if you need a Utah divorce attorney:
- Complexity of Your Case: If your divorce involves complex issues such as child custody, alimony, division of significant assets, or business ownership, it is highly recommended to hire a divorce attorney. These situations often require extensive legal knowledge and experience to reach a favorable outcome.
- Emotional Stress: Divorce is an emotionally challenging process. Having a divorce attorney by your side can help alleviate some of the stress and anxiety associated with legal proceedings. Your attorney can handle the paperwork, communicate with the other party’s attorney, and provide objective advice based on their expertise.
- Uncooperative Spouse: If your spouse is uncooperative or is attempting to hide assets, it is crucial to have a divorce attorney who can protect your rights and advocate for your best interests. An experienced attorney can help gather evidence, negotiate with the opposing party, and ensure a fair distribution of assets and liabilities.
- Child Custody and Support: If you have children, their well-being is of utmost importance. A divorce attorney can help you navigate the complexities of child custody and support laws in Utah. They will work with you to develop a parenting plan that is in the best interests of your children and will advocate for their needs during negotiations or court proceedings.
- Legal Knowledge: Divorce laws and procedures can be complex and vary from state to state. Hiring a Utah divorce attorney ensures that you have someone with in-depth knowledge of the local laws and regulations guiding divorce proceedings. They will be able to navigate the legal system on your behalf, ensuring that all necessary paperwork is filed correctly and that you meet all deadlines.
- Mediation or Trial: If you and your spouse are considering mediation as a way to resolve your divorce, having a divorce attorney can be beneficial. They can provide guidance and legal advice throughout the divorce mediation process, ensuring that your rights are protected and that any agreements reached are fair and legally binding. If your case goes to trial, having a divorce attorney is even more important. They will represent your interests in court, present evidence, and argue your case to the judge.
While it is possible to handle a divorce without legal representation, hiring a Utah divorce attorney can provide numerous benefits. Whether your divorce involves complex issues, an uncooperative spouse, or child custody matters, a divorce attorney will advocate for your best interests and help you achieve the outcome you desire.
Top Divorce Do’s and Don’ts
You may want to review our recommended Top Divorce Do’s and Don’ts